Kendra is a singer/songwriter, guitarist, poet & novelist, actress, healer, and published author performing as a solo act under the name “Kendra & the Bunnies”. Based in Los Angeles and born in Houston, Texas, her mission is to bring about peaceful gathering of community through song, voice, and action. Kendra combines music, spoken word, theatrical staging, and healing ritual to transpose the audience into a mystical-surrender of now.
The EP, “of Always”, is streaming now on all music platforms!
Kendra’s second album, “of Thank You”, is currently in the rehearsing and recording process with her second EP, “of Consideration” in the writing stages. See more about these projects below.
Her performances can be viewed on her Youtube channel.
- The Artist’s Process – TBA – hosted by Matt J. Doyle – http://www.mattjdoyle.com/theartistsprocess.html
- 9/18 Wednesday – 7:30 pm – Northridge Farmer’s Market & Family Festival.
- 9/22 Sunday – between 6 to 8 pm – Hollywood American Legion Post 43
- 10/2 Wednesday – Speak Up Wednesday @ Ange Noir Café (Hell Phone) hosted by Inspired Word NYC. $10 cash at the door. 247 Varet Street Bushwick, Brooklyn.
- 10/3 Thursday – Direct-To-Vinyl Live Session @ Leesta Vall Sound Recordings in Brooklyn, NY. Purchase your individualized 7″ lathe cut vinyl here. Leesta Vall is a niche record label that specializes in Direct-To-Vinyl Live Sessions & Direct-To-Vinyl Field Recordings. Artists come into the studio & lay down individualized tracks for each listener, creating a truly one-of-a-kind musical artifact [and certainly, an “of Vinyl” experience !!]
- 10/4 Friday – Artist Showcase @ Arcadia Bar & Kitchen. Astoria, NY. $10 Tickets online here or at door.
- 11/12 Tuesday – 8:00 pm – Twofer Tuesday @ Kulak’s Woodshed in North Hollywood. Free Show in person & via webcast on http://www.kulakswoodshed.com
- TBA – eZWay Broadcasting’s Golden Stage Music Competition
Recent & Upcoming Releases:
- 11/22/17 – “The Politics of” Book published. Available on Amazon Books & hand-signed copies here.
- 7/5/19 – “of Vinyl” album streaming on all music platforms.
- 8/23/19 – Mr. Thrive’s Stars of Tomorrow Podcast streaming on Spotify here.
- 8/31 – The Be A Force Podcast streaming on Spotify & PodBean.
- 9/6 Friday – “of Always” EP streaming on all music platforms.
- 9/13 Friday – “Project Non-Arch: Operation Clown School” Book published. Available on Amazon Books & hand-signed copies here.
Kendra’s sound combines the musical notes of singing, spoken word, guitar (electric and acoustic), percussion, medicine drum, and electronic samples. Under the self-titled genre, “Native Americana’ that chants from the valley of Folk and Rock”, Kendra aims to bring the listener into thinking about where the roots of folk-americana were founded. There is a lot of storytelling prevalent in the creation and continuation of our country, the key is recognizing what stories we as a society cling to and why. What are we promoting? What are we prolonging? How can we adjust to align with where we would like to go?
Her style has been said to remind listeners of Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane if she were to be singing Grateful Dead songs. It’s like Joni Mitchell and Stevie Nicks sat down to play a game of poker and Neil Young were the dealer.
Coming from a theatre background, Kendra’s performance relies heavily on the balance of rehearsal and improvisation. She wants to move with the energy being presented by the audience, so that she not just connects, but also positively influences the listener’s train of thought. Kendra is a healer and aims to walk hand in hand with her fans that are in search of what she has found.
Her act promotes the idea of coming together as a team/family to make things happen. By bringing people together in shared experience, we produce art which sparks ideas in one another that leads to more creativity, gathering, peace, movement, and development of character. Kendra is available for live performance booking.
Kendra’s First Album — “of Vinyl”
“of Vinyl”, is an organic singer-songwriter approach to the open heartlands of Love. Where were you when you first knew the feeling of adrenaline, bunnies hopping around your stomach? The sheer rush of life zapping fingertips into motion, into panic, run home and grab the guitar, grab the pencil, and scribble until the ink-well runs dry. Where were you when you saw between the open shields of curtains in resurfaced memory? Where were you when you reclaimed your soul, retrieval of freedom in action? I was here, am, in the now with You in Verse; breathing the same air I do. It is a tale of allegoric love.
Kendra’s Second Album — “of Thank You”
“of Thank You” is a nod to the native healer within. It takes listeners on a journey that is our great forefathers breaking and turning soil… but was this new soil or redacted land? Kendra speaks from the ancestral voices of those who toiled the great plains of America prior to 1776 combined with the countercultural times of the 1960s leading to up 1976. How far have we truly marched? What have we done in those 200 years and more? Where are we going? Kendra supplies southern-folk-americana jams that will have you surely wondering, how can we untangle the star-spangled blues?
Kendra’s First EP— “of Always”
The adjacent hand to “of Thank You”, this EP testifies for love. It speaks for the muse that Kendra plays to in the moon. Saying, “You’re Welcome” to her hypothetical daydream, reminding she will always be there.
Kendra’s Second EP — “of Consideration”
The EP “of Consideration” combines themes of classic love with 90’s street style slang. Being a unique folk-americana artist whose vibe centers around storytelling and poetry, the lyrics she chooses are ultra-relevant. The way a song’s words are delivered is particularly important to how its message is perceived. That’s why Kendra decided to bridge genres to a certain extent with spoken word being the ribbon that ties “of Consideration” all together. It’s singer-songwriter rock with a beatnik vibe. Something you hear revolutionaries dropping freestyles to in that underground coffee shop down the road.
For performance booking please contact: WriteWithKendra@gmail.com
One-on-one songwriting workshops are available for scheduling here.